Saturday, September 25, 2010

Multi-tasking.

And yes...this is how the pros heal.
I have noticed a scary amount of multi-tasking in raids...erm *coughs* including myself in raids. In all honesty, when you are raiding in pugs, the content at times as a healer is extremely easy to heal or extremely hard. It tends to be of two extremes, either a.) 3/4th of the raid does stupid things and requires healing (requiring the healers to carry them) b.) the other healers are asleep at their keyboards out of boredom or drooling and sniping each other's healing. Because of these extremes, I find myself either overachieving... "OMGAZ MUST DO A BILLIONTY IN HEALS!... MUST ANNIHILATE THE OTHER HEALERS ON METERS..." The result of this is actually an empty mana bar and what should realistically be more overhealing. But hey it's a pug and you can't count on the other healers to actually be awake. The other extreme is, I am alt-tabing watching You-Tube.

Sorry?

One other result of these two extremes are the changes in the upcoming expansion Cata. They are going to reward us for our ADHD by giving us more of an incentive to use damaging spells.
"SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE... FLASH HEAL... RENEW... DOT... SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE....."



I am partial to the changes, this does give me something to do when we out gear the content... and it distracts me.... BUT I will probably not be healing when I should be healing. 

Poor tank.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More